Internet Trolls and Evolving Human Consciousness

Tezcatlipoca
    Internet Messiah
    Internet Messiah

Internet Trolls and Evolving Human Consciousness

Post  Tezcatlipoca on Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:47 pm

New article by Number 6.

Trolls are an upsetting lot, they disturb us and play tricks to lure us into wasting our time with them, they show us images we would much rather not see. So it is easy to confuse the slightly rebelious members of a community with the people who are consciously trying to disturb it. The "Troll Phenomena" is now the new "Communism". It's the new "Mental Illness". All online communities build some kind social structure heavily based on linguistics, replicating the social structures we built in real life (with huge liberal changes). This can be subtle, in the way that you walk into a library and you speak softly or enter a temple and feel reverence. The disaffected of our culture have a stronger voice online, and they sometimes passionately display their convictions. This will at times result in conflict with other people who were yet-unaware or intolerant of that individuals disposition.

http://blog.headexplode.net/2011/11/internet-trolls-and-evolving-human.html

Your thoughts?

Tezcatlipoca
    Internet Messiah
    Internet Messiah

Re: Internet Trolls and Evolving Human Consciousness

Post  Tezcatlipoca on Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:01 pm

Not to twinkle my own bell, but I do take pride in sort of figuring this out for myself not long ago. Like, "Hey, I'm only responding because I get something out of it, so now I need to figure out what it is I get and find a better way of getting it."

Darkside

Tezcatlipoca
    Internet Messiah
    Internet Messiah

Post  Tezcatlipoca on Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:29 pm

Good discussion with Joe Rogan agreeing on this issue.

(Fast forward to 1:25)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:38 pm