ATTN: knavefuck

Tezcatlipoca
    Internet Messiah
    Internet Messiah

ATTN: knavefuck

Post  Tezcatlipoca on Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:20 pm

Did you get that PM I sent you? Do you know how to check PMs with this software? The PM tab is right under the banner.

knave
    Pleb

Re: ATTN: knavefuck

Post  knave on Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:35 am

I would like to write an article or a blog post on the following subject, in broad outline:

People, specifically Americans, complain ad nauseum about the "barbarism" of fanatical Islamic terrorists, who deploy suicide bombers and cut off peoples' heads, etc. This is taken for granted in establishing American virtue. This bothers me -- not because Islamic terrorists aren't barbaric, but because by any reasonable definition of "barbarian," we Americans are more barbaric than the terrorists, and in a very specific sense.

There is emerging something that might be called the "Obama Doctrine." (Every US President must have a "doctrine" for dealing with the rest of the world; it's really a brand, a marketing concept.)

The Obama Doctrine has to do with using drones to kill people in complete indifference to territorial borders, raining remote controlled death on people from the sky, and with assassination. This from the Nobel Peace Prize winner.

A "barbarian" is someone who ignores the ethics of conflict and warfare, someone who doesn't play be the rules when it comes to killing and destroying.

Historically, the fundamental ground on which the ethics of warfare is based is the concept of mutual risk. This is the basis for the doctrines of collateral damage, of proportionality, even of "just war." (This requires some research to establish.)

The Obama Doctrine is all about eliminating the calculus of mutual risk: the capability to kill without risk to our forces. That's why drones are important. By eliminating risk to the bomber, the drone also eliminates moral responsibility for the consequences. So the Obama Doctrine has to do with the use of technology to evade responsibility for one's lethal actions -- to render killing anonymous and therefore, unaccountable.

Drones represent the polar opposite from suicide bombing or televised beheadings. Terrorist killing is intensely personal, motivated by personal conviction (i.e., Islamic fanaticism, the desire for "72 virgins" etc.). Killing via drones is purely abstract, anonymous, mechanized, automatic. Whereas the suicide bomber expresses his/her responsibility by taking his/her own life in the act, the drone operator is without name, without identity, without even a location, and most of all, without risk.

So when you can kill without personal risk, you eliminate legal accountability, moral responsibility -- Obama's ideal.

By eliminating the foundation for what is called the ethics of warfare, does one not become a barbarian -- in a much more real sense than the average Islamic terrorist?
    Tezcatlipoca
    Internet Messiah
    Internet Messiah

Post  Tezcatlipoca on Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:57 am

Sounds good.

Did you get that blog invite I sent a week ago to your lout[xxxx]@gmail.com account?

knave
    Pleb

Post  knave on Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:13 pm

Yes I did. Thank you. I am suggesting a different topic in my last post here.
    Tezcatlipoca
    Internet Messiah
    Internet Messiah

Post  Tezcatlipoca on Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:11 am

Yes, I see. You can write however many articles you want on whatever subjects you want, btw.

This Fuckin Guy
    Noobku

Post  This Fuckin Guy on Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:48 pm

lmao did u get the pm i sent u lol
    knave
    Pleb

Post  knave on Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:53 pm

GO AHED SHOOT ME A PM OK -- ?

Klowee and Courtny wrote a fiction novel. Have u read it? Its at newsstands everywhere plus Walmart

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:36 am