Daily beauty/health regimens?

Lysser
    Newfag

Daily beauty/health regimens?

Post  Lysser on Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:39 pm

I know I'm talking to mostly guys here, but do y'all have beauty and health regimens you follow regularly? I'm interested to know when men use face creams, take vitamins, &c, and what sorts of health routines they follow in general. So whatcha got? Opti has got to use Oil of Olay or some shit like that. Damn beautiful man he is.

Internet Messiah
    Internet Messiah

Re: Daily beauty/health regimens?

Post  Tezcatlipoca on Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:43 pm

Lysser wrote:I know I'm talking to mostly guys here, but do y'all have beauty and health regimens you follow regularly?

Yup, sure do. I'm on the fast track to metrosexual central, in fact. flower

Lysser wrote:I'm interested to know when men use face creams, take vitamins, &c, and what sorts of health routines they follow in general. So whatcha got? Opti has got to use Oil of Olay or some shit like that. Damn beautiful man he is.

BEAUTY:
    Deep Pore Cleanser (twice a day)
    Foaming Body Scrub (twice a day)
    Apricot Scrub Exfoliant (every 3-4 days)
    Aloe-Cucumber Moisturizer (once a day)
    Various Shampoo/Conditioners (experimenting with several atm)
    Sunscreen
    Aloe Chapstick on hot days
    Cologne to be determined by season/weather

GENERAL HEALTH & FITNESS
    Resistance Training (Monday, Wednesday, Friday)
    45 minutes jogging every morning
    4.8 grams fish oil a day, taken with meals
    1 Men's multivitamin daily
    1 teaspoon Wheatgrass powder
    1 teaspoon Psyllium husk fiber
    An additional 1g of Vitamin C if I am feeling run down
    1500 mg Calcium
    50-100g Whey Protein Isolate
    And I drink about 1.5 gallons a day of lemon water.

A man's gotta keep up an appearance. Or maybe I just like looking pretty.

This Fuckin Guy
    Noobku

Post  This Fuckin Guy on Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:07 am

Lysser wrote:I know I'm talking to mostly guys here, but do y'all have beauty and health regimens you follow regularly? I'm interested to know when men use face creams, take vitamins, &c, and what sorts of health routines they follow in general. So whatcha got? Opti has got to use Oil of Olay or some shit like that. Damn beautiful man he is.

LOL, thanks toots.

I have actually experimented with quite a few different types of facial cleansers and body washes and such to make me smell pretty and make me feel pretty over the years depending on my different levels of vanity, but I'm sick of all that bullshit now and only use one thing: Dr. Bronners peppermint soap. That's it. And some organic shampoo and conditioner obv.

I rarely, rarely wear cologne because I find most of it annoying. I do have some killer colognes though that not many other douchebags have.

I hate everything about the cosmetic industry, personally. I hate almost all soaps marketed for men for example. They all smell like shit to me, and are loaded with toxic chemicals. Fuck that shit!

All one! All one! Exceptions eternally? Absolute none!

I do pay attention to food and like to study about food though. I think food is really the most important component.
    Lysser
    Newfag

Post  Lysser on Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:43 am

Tezcatlipoca wrote:
    Lysser wrote:I know I'm talking to mostly guys here, but do y'all have beauty and health regimens you follow regularly?

Yup, sure do. I'm on the fast track to metrosexual central, in fact. flower

Lysser wrote:I'm interested to know when men use face creams, take vitamins, &c, and what sorts of health routines they follow in general. So whatcha got? Opti has got to use Oil of Olay or some shit like that. Damn beautiful man he is.

BEAUTY:
    Deep Pore Cleanser (twice a day)
    Foaming Body Scrub (twice a day)
    Apricot Scrub Exfoliant (every 3-4 days)
    Aloe-Cucumber Moisturizer (once a day)
    Various Shampoo/Conditioners (experimenting with several atm)
    Sunscreen
    Aloe Chapstick on hot days
    Cologne to be determined by season/weather

GENERAL HEALTH & FITNESS
    Resistance Training (Monday, Wednesday, Friday)
    45 minutes jogging every morning
    4.8 grams fish oil a day, taken with meals
    1 Men's multivitamin daily
    1 teaspoon Wheatgrass powder
    1 teaspoon Psyllium husk fiber
    An additional 1g of Vitamin C if I am feeling run down
    1500 mg Calcium
    50-100g Whey Protein Isolate
    And I drink about 1.5 gallons a day of lemon water.

A man's gotta keep up an appearance. Or maybe I just like looking pretty.

Thank you for your response, Patrick Bateman.

Newfag

Post  Lysser on Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:45 am

This Fuckin Guy wrote:
    Lysser wrote:I know I'm talking to mostly guys here, but do y'all have beauty and health regimens you follow regularly? I'm interested to know when men use face creams, take vitamins, &c, and what sorts of health routines they follow in general. So whatcha got? Opti has got to use Oil of Olay or some shit like that. Damn beautiful man he is.

LOL, thanks toots.

I have actually experimented with quite a few different types of facial cleansers and body washes and such to make me smell pretty and make me feel pretty over the years depending on my different levels of vanity, but I'm sick of all that bullshit now and only use one thing: Dr. Bronners peppermint soap. That's it. And some organic shampoo and conditioner obv.

I rarely, rarely wear cologne because I find most of it annoying. I do have some killer colognes though that not many other douchebags have.

I hate everything about the cosmetic industry, personally. I hate almost all soaps marketed for men for example. They all smell like shit to me, and are loaded with toxic chemicals. Fuck that shit!

All one! All one! Exceptions eternally? Absolute none!

I do pay attention to food and like to study about food though. I think food is really the most important component.

I use Dr. Bronner's as well! Only I use the Lavender scent. I still have yet to find an organic/natural shampoo/conditioner that I like for my curly hair. So far everything kind of sucks.

What sort of diet are you on right now? Still basically Paleo?

Internet Messiah
    Internet Messiah

Post  Tezcatlipoca on Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:32 am

Optifuck needs to respond to the documentaries thread to give us his opinion on Super Size Me and Fat Head.

</threadjack>

This Fuckin Guy
    Noobku

Post  This Fuckin Guy on Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:49 pm

Lysser wrote:
    I use Dr. Bronner's as well! Only I use the Lavender scent. I still have yet to find an organic/natural shampoo/conditioner that I like for my curly hair. So far everything kind of sucks.

What sort of diet are you on right now? Still basically Paleo?

I've fallen off the wagon big time due to various reasons. But mostly I realized I really need to get better cooking skills, which I think is essential when you're dealing with a limited palette. I'm enrolling in www.rouxbe.com. This will help big time. What I'm into these days is learning how to cook a lot of Japanese, Korean, Indian and middle eastern dishes. There are a few aspects of Paleo that still don't sit well with me, such as a zero tolerance policy for legumes. I love legumes! Especially lentils. Same thing with rice. Although they do say that of all the grains, rice is the safest.

Taste is a critical, critical component to eating. When you don't have much "taste," you tend to cheat. And that is somewhat of an issue with paleo. I like studying food from different cultures that have been evolving for thousands of years like Japanese and Indian because there is so much wisdom in their approach to food. The Japanese and Indian handle "taste" in the best ways I've seen, because they do it in the most satisfying and comforting way and the healthiest.

Last edited by This Fuckin Guy on Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
    This Fuckin Guy
    Noobku

Post  This Fuckin Guy on Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:50 pm

Tezcatlipoca wrote:Optifuck needs to respond to the documentaries thread to give us his opinion on Super Size Me and Fat Head.

</threadjack>

I'm actually about halfway through Fat Head on Netflix, and so far it's interesting. I'll respond again when I'm done. WORD UP
    This Fuckin Guy
    Noobku

Post  This Fuckin Guy on Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:58 am

Ok, just finished Fat Head.

My rating: 10 out of 10. Excellent. Absolutely rips Super Size Me to shreds. Spurlock is quite the disingenuous filmmaker.
    Tezcatlipoca
    Internet Messiah
    Internet Messiah

Post  Tezcatlipoca on Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:24 am

Have you seen this thread? poast moar thoughts there imo

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:07 pm