Coffee and Marijuana: Putting them into perspective

Tezcatlipoca
    Internet Messiah
    Internet Messiah

Coffee and Marijuana: Putting them into perspective

Post  Tezcatlipoca on Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:05 pm

Number 6 wrote an article imo.

Do you drink coffee and caffeinated teas daily? If so, then you have a drug problem, just as much as you'd have a drug problem if you smoked cigarettes or marijuana. Caffeine and the extra junk that comes with coffee and black tea is killing you!

http://blog.headexplode.net/2012/03/coffee-and-marijuana-putting-them-into.html

Lysser
    Newfag

Re: Coffee and Marijuana: Putting them into perspective

Post  Lysser on Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:31 am

I have one cup of coffee daily. I do understand the dangers of caffeine; I just do it anyway. Though, if I have more than one cup, the "coming down" from the caffeine is pretty awful.

I also drink wine.

Everyone has their vice(s).

So, caffeine is bad, alcohol is bad, sugar is bad. Thankfully I find cigarettes disgusting, and I don't do any other sorts of drugs, but Number 6, what sort of lifestyle are you going to live now? Is it going to be free of sugars (or rather foods with added sugars or processed crapola)? How far are you going to take the detoxing of yourself?

Good to see someone else writing in here, btw. :)

Newfag

Post  Lysser on Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:47 pm

Update: I did not have coffee today.

Pleb

Post  Number 6 on Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:14 pm

No coffee that day, eh?
    How was it to have NO caffeine?

I'm now living on the sugar high of a fruit and veg juice (with banana). I can't really over-dose on it to the point where I feel a comedown. So my life wont be without its pleasures.

I've since fluctuated in my caffeine abuse. I've found that it has a certain soothing effect, and I've nailed it down to my Existential Angst. Y'know, fear of death and living in an impersonal world. But it's getting easier now that I know this.

Life isn't short - it's just limited. In fact, it's deceptively long. People go on trips where they don't take in any adulterant at all. Then you have people who go on trips with one particular adulterant or many... for some reason we demonize those people, or at least that's what the media tell us we do.
    What about the guy or girl who take NOTHING to give them their buzz? Their bodies foul up and die pretty much as consistently as anyone else's.

Just my thoughts lol

Lysser
    Newfag

Post  Lysser on Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:32 pm

Number 6 wrote:No coffee that day, eh?
    How was it to have NO caffeine?

I'm now living on the sugar high of a fruit and veg juice (with banana). I can't really over-dose on it to the point where I feel a comedown. So my life wont be without its pleasures.

I've since fluctuated in my caffeine abuse. I've found that it has a certain soothing effect, and I've nailed it down to my Existential Angst. Y'know, fear of death and living in an impersonal world. But it's getting easier now that I know this.

Life isn't short - it's just limited. In fact, it's deceptively long. People go on trips where they don't take in any adulterant at all. Then you have people who go on trips with one particular adulterant or many... for some reason we demonize those people, or at least that's what the media tell us we do.
    What about the guy or girl who take NOTHING to give them their buzz? Their bodies foul up and die pretty much as consistently as anyone else's.

Just my thoughts lol

Right on, right on. Well, I've had coffee since, but I must say that the days I didn't, I was amazed at how great I felt with no stimulant to from which I had to "come down". I found I was less grouchy having NO coffee than I was coming down from a coffee high. My problem is that I love the taste of coffee, and others in my house love it and insist on the regular. But--is it safe to drink decaf (which still has smalls amounts of the stimulant in it)for a person who just loves the taste of coffee? I guess a small step is better than no step at all.

Pleb

Post  Number 6 on Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:21 pm

Ah, the taste, yes. I still love it.
    And before I began to stop drinking it I drank Kenco Millicano. A mix of percolator coffee and instant - make it like instant, tastes like it's from a machine. I think drinking the GOOD stuff helped a great deal. Drinking coffee that tastes like muck or even is a few degrees away from perfect may leave our tastebuds wanting.

JoKo

Post  JoKo on Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:07 am

Both marijuana and caffeine have been found to be a neuroprotective. Drink your coffee black and limit yourself to one joint at night when you're DONE everything and it turns into a non-issue. People have alcohol at night to unwind.. this is how I unwind. have respect for it and you'll be fine.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:33 pm