Thoughts on Everyday Bliss

Tezcatlipoca
    Internet Messiah
    Internet Messiah

Thoughts on Everyday Bliss

Post  Tezcatlipoca on Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:35 am

I realized a while back there is no enduring happiness without consistent growth. And the people who seem happiest are the ones who feel like they are growing steadfastly closer to whoever or whatever it is they really want to be. By the same token, every truly miserable person I have known (including myself, at times) was experiencing a gap between who they were and who they wanted to be.

I suppose this seems obvious but what was less obvious were the ways I realized this manifests itself in mundane daily activities.

http://blog.headexplode.net/2012/02/thoughts-on-everyday-bliss.html

Lysser
    Newfag

Re: Thoughts on Everyday Bliss

Post  Lysser on Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:23 pm

Agreed.

Internet Messiah
    Internet Messiah

Post  Tezcatlipoca on Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:07 pm

Number 6 wrote:You're totally right. At least in my experience over the past two months and indeed by whole life, I've only ever found myself strong and growing stronger when I intentionally made the choice that I'll take care of my environment and body. I clean regularly now, I maintain cleanliness of surfaces and return everything to it's place nightly, and every time I clean I find a way to compact my shit so I home resembles more of a Zen paper house gig than a conventional Western home.

Like you, I feel more involved in my home, life, and lifeforce. Gateway to eternal bliss man. Because imo, I also find that THE ONLY THING WE HAVE CONTROL OF IS THE SMALL THINGS. I've forgotten about the bigger puzzles of my life, like a particular career or safeguarding against being old and alone. Something tells me if I have the right intentions shit will work out somehow.

Word up. You gotta control what is within your control and trust that the universe will take of the rest. It's kinda like Wayne Dyer likes to say, "Know that everything will happen at the right place at the right time with the right people."

"God's plan works; yours doesn't."

Number 6
    Pleb

Post  Number 6 on Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:18 pm

A good friend of mine, "brother", and fellow Psychonaut Bob once turned to me and told me something to the effect of:

"All we ever have is this one tiny moment. Just one little choice, one little opportunity, one little accomplishment. That's all we own and that's all we'll ever own."

That said it all for me. In about an hour or so from now I'm going to look fate in the eyes and say "Yes. I accept this challenge", go clean that god-awful kitchen that no one else is in a position to clean, and then down a pint of water with a tablespoon of betonite clay. Because I'm a bad ass, and it'll clean up my digestive tract. It looks, feels, and tastes like the water in the bucket you have when you're throwing clay (spinning pottery). The one you wash the clay off your hands in and clean the sponge for wiping down the wheel. I'm probably going to gag, and it's going to be one awkward experience. And even though it's a discomfort to have to be the cleaning mule around here (through no one's fault, not even my own) and drinking clay is obscenely disgusting - I'll feel a fuck load better about myself than if I smoked another spliff, drank another toxic cup of coffee and zoned out to some stupid TV show or computer game. I think I'm relaxing, disengaging, but all I'm doing is distracting myself.

Sorry for the prolongued monologue there, but this is stuff I'm realising in my life too. Fuck it, I think I'm going to go do those things right now.

Good article you got there, Tez.
    Tezcatlipoca
    Internet Messiah
    Internet Messiah

Post  Tezcatlipoca on Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:19 am

Number 6 wrote:I think I'm relaxing, disengaging, but all I'm doing is distracting myself.

Tragically, that is 95% of life for a fuckton of people.

Number 6 wrote:
    Sorry for the prolongued monologue there, but this is stuff I'm realising in my life too. Fuck it, I think I'm going to go do those things right now.

Good article you got there, Tez.

Thank you! It feels good to inspire others, even on a very modest level. Sun

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:01 am