Kids today are fucking spoiled, mang

Tezcatlipoca
    Internet Messiah
    Internet Messiah

Kids today are fucking spoiled, mang

Post  Tezcatlipoca on Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:10 pm

When I was in high school, my family owned exactly two phones and they both went to the same number. If you wanted to converse with your peers, you had to wait until the line was available (this sometimes took hours, as my mother is one of those people who can talk about nothing forever) and you had to call your friend/girlfriend/other who also had one number you could call. Then their parents would pick up and you'd have to ask for the person you wanted and wait 30 seconds for them to come downstairs or wherever to actually get on the line. It was really no way to have a conversation and so, for the most part, it was only used to arrange face to face fraternizing. This was less than 10 years ago, mind you.

Earlier today, I saw this teenager being mocked by a friend his age for "still" having a Blackberry as his cell phone. bleh

Last edited by Tezcatlipoca on Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:25 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : also, bastards!)

Lysser
    Newfag

Re: Kids today are fucking spoiled, mang

Post  Lysser on Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:28 am

Wow, yeah. Things are moving at lightning speed lately with this stuff. I can't keep up. Though I never made fun of anyone for their lack of technology or latest crazy device, I do remember being very into learning about computers/the internet and all the new technologies-- like "Napster" back in the day (I seriously did have it when no one knew wtf it was, and it was the first version! Crazy times!). The really sad part is that despite the economy being in the shitter, no one having jobs, and people losing their houses, kids are concerned that someone is still using a Blackberry. Meh.

Remember in the 90's when the jokes in sitcoms involved the teenage girl talking on the phone too much and tying up the house phone line? And of course, much of that was before people even started getting call waiting and all that jazz.

Current date/time is Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:06 pm