Fascinating interview with Quincy Jones regarding Michael Jackson's life and death

Tezcatlipoca
    Internet Messiah
    Internet Messiah

Fascinating interview with Quincy Jones regarding Michael Jackson's life and death

Post  Tezcatlipoca on Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:02 pm

Q: But it must've been so disturbing to see Michael's face turn into what it turned into.
    A: It's ridiculous, man! Chemical peels and all of it. And I don't understand it. But he obviously didn't want to be black.

Q: Is that what it was?
    A: Well, what do you think? You see his kids?

Q: Did you ever discuss it? Did you ever ask, "Michael, don't you want to be a black man?"
    A: No, no, no, please. That's not the way you do it.

Q: But he was beautiful before?
    A: Man, he was the most gorgeous guy.

Q: But he seemed to have some deep-seated issue with how he looked?
    A: Well, that comes about a certain way. I'm not sure how it happens. I'm just a musician and a record producer. I'm not a psychiatrist. I don't understand all that stuff. We all got problems. But there's a great book out called Too Soon Old, Too Late Smart. Did you see that? That book says the statute of limitations has expired on all childhood traumas. Get your stuff together and get on with your life, man. Stop whinin' about what's wrong, because everybody's had a rough time, in one way or another.

http://www.details.com/celebrities-entertainment/men-of-the-moment/200907/wiseguy-music-producer-quincy-jones-on-michael-jackson?id=content_4990&pageNum=17

Current date/time is Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:08 pm